TOWN OF NORTH HARMONY
YEAR END TOWN BOARD MEETING
THURSDAY 12/20/21, 6:30 PM
ROBERT YATES, SUPERVISOR PRESENT
DICK SENA, COUNCILMAN PRESENT
MIKE PFEIL, COUNCILMAN PRESENT
LOUISE ORTMAN, COUNCILWOMAN PRESENT
STEVE SENSKE, COUNCILMAN PRESENT
OTHERS PRESENT: Brad Lawson, Zoning C.E.O.; Robin Miller, Bookkeeper; Stephanie Gibbs, Deputy Town Clerk; Ben Karlson, Deputy Highway Superintendent; Andy Post, MEO; Austin Davis, MEO; John Mayr, MEO; Sean Dixon, Beichner Waste Services
- MOMENT OF SILENCE
- Mr. Yates wished everyone a Merry Christmas.
12/20/21 (Pg. 2)
keep it at 2 weeks paid vacation and at ten years give them 3 weeks of vacation and add a 15-year mark and give them 4 weeks paid vacation at 15 years.
MR. SENA MOTIONED TO KEEP THE CURRENT VACATION SCHEDULE FOR THE HIGHWAY MEOS WITH THE EXCEPTION AT YEAR FIFTEEN WE GIVE FOUR WEEK VACATION AND STRIKE YEARS SIXTEEN THROUGH NINETEEN. MR. SENSKE SECONDED. YES (4): SENA, ORTMAN, YATES, SENSKE. NO (1): PFEIL. THE MOTION WAS CARRIED.
- SEAN DIXON-BEICHNER WASTE CONTRACT ISSUES
- Mr. Yates said he has not personally received any complaints. He said they spoke when COVID hit that they would put up a sign for anyone that needs help to drive forward and stay in their car. He said Mr. Sena seems to get more of the complaints.
- Mr. Sena said the biggest issue is they used to be great about helping and they don’t help anymore. He said he sees a lot of elderly dragging their trash across the parking lot and none of the employees come to help. Mr. Sena asked if they are not going to help why do we need to hire a third employee in the summertime.
- Mr. Yates asked what Mr. Sena was looking for.
- Mr. Sena said he was just wanting to know what they want and expect from the town and if the town would get some sort of reduction if they do not request the third employee in the summer.
- Mr. Dixon said the employees there on Saturdays are overworked, and they are having a hard time hiring more employees to work. The employees there are going on 60 hours for the week, and they have some older employees. He said it is hard work. He said it is difficult to police the cars and when they do, traffic gets backed up.
- Mr. Dixon said they are trying to monitor the recyclables because they are no longer getting anything out of them, they are now paying for it. The only recycle that goes to use is the glass. He said North Harmony is the only area that they separate recyclables into different bins.
- Mr. Yates said we can do our trash in Busti but their stickers cost about $110 a year. Our residents are paying around $30 a year.
- Mr. Yates asked if we got rid of the third man would it save the town any money.
- Mr. Dixon said sure.
12/20/21 (Pg. 3)
- Mrs. Ortman asked Mr. Dixon if he felt they could do the job with just two men.
- Mr. Dixon said he thinks they could. He suggested possibly just having a third man for the major holidays. He said he would talk to his employees and get back to us.
- Mr. Yates said he will not make a motion today. He said we can wait for Mr. Dixon to get back to them.
- Mrs. Miller said she reconciled her BAN payment for the road push and she started out with a transpose on her principal mature BAN of $600 which resulted in the $600 error that came from the general fund this year so, next year she has to take $600 from the Special District and give it back to the General Fund. She said she needs to have a resolution to except that to have in the record in the minutes.
- MOTION # 204 OF 2021
MR. YATES MOTIONED TO TRANSFER $600.00 FROM THE SPECIAL DISTRICT ACCOUNT BAN BOCES ROAD PUSH A9730.6 TO THE GENERAL FUNDS ACCOUNT CONTINCENCY FUNDS A1989.4 DUE TO AN ERROR THAT CAME FROM THE GENERAL FUNDS ACCOUNT IN 2021. MRS. ORTMAN SECONDED. YES (5): SENA, ORTMAN, YATES, PFEIL. NO (0). THE MOTION WAS CARRIED.
MRS. ORTMAN MOTIONED TO HOLD AN ORGANIZATIONAL MEETING ON 1/10/2022 AT THE NEXT REGULAR SCHEDULED TOWN BOARD MEETING AT 7:00PM. MR. SENA SECONDED. YES (5): SENA, ORTMAN, YATES, PFEIL. NO (0). THE MOTION WAS CARRIED.
- MOTION # 206 OF 2021
MRS. ORTMAN MOTIONED TO EXTEND PAYROLL FROM 1/10/2022 TO 1/13/2022 TO GIVE MRS. MILLER MORE TIME DUE TO NEW PAYRATES. MR. SENA SECONDED. YES (5): SENA, ORTMAN, YATES, SENSKE, PFEIL. NO (0). THE MOTION WAS CARRIED.
- MOTION # 207 OF 2021
ON A MOTION MADE BY MR. SENSKE, SECONDED BY MR. SENA, AND NONE BEING OPPOSED, THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED AT 7:55 PM.
Deputy Town Clerk