TUESDAY, 05/11/2021, 7:00 PM
MEMBERS PRESENT: PHIL STRAND PHIL STRAND
JIM GOODLING RICHARD JOHNSON
Brad Lawson – Zoning CEO
OTHERS PRESENT: Stephanie Gibbs, Dick Sena, Kelly Johnson, Jonathan Henck, Michael Pfeil
- PHIL STRAND OPENED THE MEETING AT 7:00 PM.
- Dick Sena gave Town Report (See minutes from 4/12/2021 board meeting)
- Brad Lawson gave Zoning Report.
- SOLAR LAW
- Mr. Lawson said the Town Board will be doing a 6-month moratorium for solar.
- Mr. Lawson said Julie Hunt a geologist for techretech will help the town as much as she can. He said Mrs. Hunt claims the rumor of the ingredients in the panels to be toxic and leak are false.
- Mr. McCord will be in attendance at our next planning board meeting to steer us in the right direction regarding solar.
- HEIGHT RESTRICTIONS IN THE AG DISTRICT
- Mr. Lawsons said as the zoning law stand the height requirement in the AG district is 18 ft.
- Mr. Lawson feels like a resident living in that area that have a lot of land and will not be blocking any views and they want to have higher building its should not be a problem and should not have to go through more than they must.
- Mr. Geist asked if there were any restrictions on farm buildings and Mr. Lawson said no, not on agricultural buildings, but he is talking about accessory buildings.
- Mr. Winger asked what steps need to be taken to make this change?
- Mr. Lawson said the planning board would have to make a recommendation to the town board to change the zoning law and the town board would hold a public hearing and decide at the town building.
- Mr. Goodling said looking at the law it shows 18 ft. for every district. Mr. Lawson said residential was changed to 16ft and there were some setback changes.
- Mr. Lawson recommends changing that from 18 ft. to 24 ft.
- Mr. Johnson said he wonders about the side and rear setback being only 10ft with a bigger building.
- Mr. Geist said we can increase the setback to 25ft.
MR. GOOGLING MOTIONED TO RECOMMEND A CHANGE TO THE ZONING LAW SECTION 403 THAT IN AG DISTRICTS ACCESSORY BUILDINGS CAN BE 24 FT. TALL AND THE REAR AND SIDE YARD SETBACKS BE INCREASED TO 25 FT., SECONDED BY MR. WINGER. YES (5) NO (0)
Vital Electric- Chad Cole
- Mr. Lawson said Mr. Cole wants to put up a building near 3Seas for office space and electric storage.
- Mr. Lawson said they will need to get a special permit because it is over 5000 sq. ft. and will have to go to the town board, the site plan will come to the planning board.
- Mr. sena said don McCord will be at our next meeting. Mr. McCord is apprehensive about the comprehensive plan because of the amount of work and time it takes. Smaller items such as zoning change and solar are items he can take care of. He will hear our concerns and issues at the next meeting and what he can take on he will. Other concerns he cannot help with he will point us in the right direction.
- Mr. Pfeil said a topic we need to discuss in the future is cannabis.
- Mr. Lawson asked if we would treat it as a retail business?
- Mr. Pfeil said he read in the Post journal there were four areas, retail, distribution, warehousing and growing.
Next regular meeting scheduled June 8, 2021 for at 7:00 P.M.
- ON A MOTION MADE BY MR. GEIST, SECONDED BY MR JOHNSON AND NONE BEING APPOSED, THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED AT 8:04 PM
Deputy Town Clerk