TOWN OF NORTH HARMONY
TUESDAY, 04/13/2021, 7:00 PM
MEMBERS PRESENT: PAT RICE PHIL STRAND
JIM GOODLING RICHARD JOHNSON
GARY WINGER JOHN WARNER-VIA FACETIME
Brad Lawson – Zoning CEO
OTHERS PRESENT: Stephanie Gibbs, Dick Sena, Dale Robbins/Kelly Johnson, Helen Emick, Benjamin Gerring, Jeff Hazel, Mike Pfeil, Scott Sampson, Greg Albert
- PAT RICE OPENED THE MEETING AT 7:00 PM.
- Dick Sena gave Town Report (See minutes from 4/12/2021 board meeting)
- Brad Lawson gave Zoning Report.
- HADLEY BAY HOTEL PROJECT
- Hazel introduced himself as the architect working on the Hadley Bay Hotel Project.
- Hazel said they are proposing a four-story hotel with approximately eighty rooms.
- Hazel said the property they are hoping to build the hotel on is currently zoned as TC-4. He said they are requesting to change the zoning for that area from TC-4 where a hotel is not allowed to a TC-3 where a hotel would be allowed.
- Hazel said the properties across Route 394 is currently zoned at TC-3 and would like to expand it to their property.
- Hazel said the signage for the hotel would fall within the town zoning for signage. He said their goal is to have one sign on the west side of the building and a sign on the north side of the building.
- Hazel said at this time they do not plan on putting a monument sign up.
- Hazel said at this time they do not have a plan for storm water runoff but there is plenty of space to do underground or above ground runoff.
- Rice recommended all TC-4 properties in that area to TC-3.
- Pheil asked what their timetable was to break ground.
- Gerring said they would like to break ground around 2023 and try to align with peak season.
- GOODLING MOTIONED TO RECOMMEND TO THE TOWN BOARD TO START THE ZONING CHANGE FOR PROPERTIES IN HADLEY BAY DESIGNATED AS TC4 TO BE CHANGED TO TC3. THIS WOULD REQUIRE A PUBLIC HEARING AND A CHANGE TO THE ZONING LAW, SECONDED BY MR. STRAND. YES (6) NO (0)
- SCOTT SAMPSON- SELF STORAGE FACILITY
- Sampson said he operates 4 facilities located in Ripley, Mayville, Westfield and Stow. Mr. Sampson would like to add one maybe two more storage units in Stow.
- Sampson said where the new units will be located it will not change the view from 394 or any surrounding neighbors.
- WINGER MOTIONED TO RECOMMEND TO THE ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS ADDING ONE STORAGE UNIT TO THE SELF STORAGE UNITS IN STOW, SECONDED BY MR. JOHNSON. YES (6) NO (0)
- Strand shared an article about Airbnb. Mr. Strand mentioned that the article talks about companies like Airbnb wont except you on their listings if your property does not permit short term rentals. Mr. Strand believes it might be a start to control the rental issue in the town.
Next regular meeting scheduled May 11, 2021 at 7:00 P.M.
- ON A MOTION MADE BY MR. JOHNSON, SECONDED BY MR. STRAND AND NONE BEING APPOSED, THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED AT 8:13 PM
Deputy Town Clerk