TOWN OF NORTH HARMONY
TUESDAY, 01/12/2021, 7:00 PM
MEMBERS PRESENT: PAT RICE PHIL STRAND
GARY WINGER RICHARD JOHNSON
OTHERS PRESENT: Stephanie Gibbs, Dick Sena, Dale Robbins/Kelly Johnson, Will Ortman, Helen Emick
- PAT RICE OPENED THE MEETING AT 7:00 PM.
- OPEN MEADOWS TRI-JAMES GRAVEL PIT
- Mr. Rice asked if there was anyone from Tri-James in the meeting that would like to speak. There was not anyone present at the meeting.
- Mr. Rice asked if there were any concerns with the applications.
- Mr. Johnson said he was concerned about the distance from the boundaries to the stream and he did not feel they would allow them to do it 50 feet away from the stream.
- Mr. Rice said the DEC was going to be lead agency and he believes they would address that.
- Mr. Rice said he would like to hear the neighbor’s input.
- Mr. Johnson said he was also concerned about noise.
- Mr. Rice said they are mining gravel and it will be a deep pit.
- Mrs. Emick asked what the hours of operation would be.
- Mr. Rice said the plan said it would be operating Monday-Friday from 7:00am-5:00pm and Saturdays 7:00am-12:00pm.
- Mr. Johnson said the plan mentions their will be a 6-acre pond that will be used for recreation after the mining is complete. He questioned if it would be open to the public.
- Mr. Rice asked if anyone were concerned that it would be visible from the road.
- Mr. Strand said he feels it will enhance the image of the property and the pond it complete.
- Mr. Johnson said his concerns was the noise and the distance from the stream.
- Mr. Rice said the DEC would need to address the distance from the stream. He said they are protective of the creeks.
Next regular meeting scheduled FEBRUARY 9, 2021 for at 7:00 P.M.
ON A MOTION MADE BY MR. RICE, SECONDED BY MR. WINGER AND NONE BEING APPOSED, THE MEETING WAS ADJOURNED AT 8:00 PM
Deputy Town Clerk