Town of North Harmony
Tuesday, 4/8/2019, 7:00 PM
Members Present: PAT RICE DICK JOHNSON
LOUIS RIEG PHIL STRAND
JOHN WARNER WALTER GEIST
Brad Lawson, Zoning C.E.O
Others Present: Stephanie Gibbs, Deputy Town Clerk; Dick Sena, Councilman
Mr. Rice opened the meeting at 7:00 PM.
Mr. Lawson, Zoning C.E.O. gave report.
AIRCRAFT LANDING STRIP
- The Planning Board reviewed the Proposed Local Law amending Zoning Code Section 365-Aircraft Landing Strip.
- Lawson said he believes the law is ready to pass on to the Town Board.
Louis Rieg Motioned to present the Proposed Local Law amending Zoning Code Section 365- Aircraft Landing Strip to the Town Board, Seconded by John Warner.
All in favor Yes (6) No (0)
- Lawson said a tiny home is like an RV.
- Lawson said that in the law it does not state that there must be a structure on the property to have an RV on the property.
- Lawson said they cannot have permanent utilities.
- Rice asked if there is a time frame, and if we limit the district.
- Lawson said yes, the time frame is 14 day per 2 months and if they want more time, they must come get a special permit.
- Lawson said the RV can be parked there all the time as long as someone is not staying there all the time.
- Rice said he is concerned about an RV being put on a property permanently and they sit there and become junky.
- Warner said that a tiny home is meant to be more permanent. They are not equipped to drive down the road.
- Rice said maybe what we ought to do is amend the law to include some other zones and keep them in the AR and A districts.
- Strand asked how RV properties are taxed.
- Lawson said they are not; the property is taxed.
- Strand said he is concerned about the people that have a nice neighborhood and nice homes that’s well maintained, and someone comes and builds something like a tiny home right next to it. He said he doesn’t feel that its right to be able to do that.
- Lawson said he doesn’t feel that there are properties by the lake to be able to do that, but if we have the right districts it would be fine.
- Lawson said in the zoning it does say on lakeside properties you can’t park an RV there indefinitely.
- There was discussion about septic, water and electric for a tiny home if they were to do a community of tiny homes.
Next regular meeting scheduled for Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 7:00 P.M.
Dick Johnson motioned to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Walter Geist.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15PM
Deputy Town Clerk