Town of North Harmony
Tuesday, 7/9/2019, 7:00 PM
Members Present: PAT RICE DICK JOHNSON
LOUIS RIEG PHIL STRAND
JOHN WARNER WALTER GEIST
Brad Lawson, Zoning C.E.O
Others Present: Stephanie Gibbs, Deputy Town Clerk
Mr. Rice opened the meeting at 7:00 PM.
Mr. Lawson, Zoning C.E.O. gave report.
- Lawson said there will be a combined meeting with the Town Board, Zoning Board and the Planning Board at the August Planning Board meeting.
- Lawson said there hasn’t been very many permits and that he hasn’t heard anything on the helicopter hearing besides that they have filed.
- Rice said that he felt the Transient law would be best added to the zoning law Section 642. There was further discussion on whether the law should be in the Zoning Law.
John Warner motioned to present the law on transient rentals to the town board, Louis Rieg seconded.
All in favor yes (7) No (0)
– Mr. Lawson said the Nuisance law he was using from Lakewood was vague and he was not sure if it would work for our town.
– Mr. Rice agreed and said we should look further into it.
– Mr. Rice said he would get in contact with Don McCord about possibly coming up with something that works better for the town for a Nuisance Law.
– Mr. Lawson said he would contact Mr. Swanson from Lakewood to verify that the law they were looking at is the law they used in Lakewood.
Next regular meeting scheduled for August 13, 2019 at 7:00 P.M. (August meeting will be combined with the Town Board and Zoning Board.)
Walter Geist motioned to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Louis Rieg.
Meeting adjourned at 8:30PM
Deputy Town Clerk