Town of North Harmony
Tuesday, 4/8/2019, 7:00 PM
Members Present: PAT RICE DICK JOHNSON
LOUIS RIEG PHIL STRAND
JOHN WARNER WALTER GEIST
Brad Lawson, Zoning C.E.O
Others Present: Stephanie Gibbs, Deputy Town Clerk; Dick Sena, Councilman; Helen Emick, Zoning Board; Clayton Emick, Board of Assessment Review; Robert Yates, Town Supervisor
Mr. Rice opened the meeting at 7:00 PM.
Mr. Lawson, Zoning C.E.O. gave report.
- Lawson said that there were five permits that went out this month and a new modular home going up on Ramsey Road west of Carpenter-pringle on the right-hand side. He said there were a couple projects around the town that are coming to an end.
- Lawson said there is a living area in front of a house on the lake. The contractors are from Erie or Ohio. He said the sild fence was in place but not correctly, so he had to stop work them until it is fixed.
- Lawson said the town won the trial for the helicopter landing in the town. The trial can still be appealed.
- Brad said he had sent a letter about the barn on Butts Road and it was taken down.
Mr. Yates, Town Supervisor gave Town report.
- Yates presented a copy of the plans for the new building and stated they were 97% complete and that they would be completed by the end of the week.
- yates said they will be out to bid May 9th and It will be a three-week process. Mr. yates said they are not obligated to the low bid, but they must make proof of why. April 23rd will be the pre bid meeting giving the contractors to review the plans with the architect.
- Rice asked what they are projecting the building to cost.
- Yates answered that so far with everything they have done it will be $1,735,000 and that we have a $1,000,000 grant and we have our bridge loan with M&T bank. He also mentioned depending on the interest rate it can change. He said that he can’t honestly say until the bids come back.
- Sena said that we will not be able to bring in water at the same time as the sewer.
- Yates said that the boundaries for the sewer and water will not be the same.
- There was some further discussion on the water and sewer.
- Yates said that the board decided to go ahead and sign the MOA.
- There was further discussion on the lake treatment.
- There was discussion on the parking at a rental.
- Rice said he does not want to make it too restrictive.
- There was discussion on cars parking on both sides of the road and concerns about emergency vehicles getting through.
- Rice said he felt that would be a problem for the sheriff to deal with.
- Lawson said it has not been too much of a problem at this point, but in the future if someone does come with a complaint, we have something in the zoning.
- Yates said that if there is to much of a problem with the neighbors complaining let the sheriff’s department deal with it.
- Rice said he thinks they should leave the rules and regulations up to the homeowners and let them police it.
- There was discussion on bed tax on the rental properties.
Next regular meeting scheduled for June 11, 2019 at 7:00 P.M.
Dick Johnson motioned to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Walter Geist.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35PM
Deputy Town Clerk