Town of North Harmony
Tuesday, 3/12/2019, 7:00 PM
Members Present: PAT RICE DICK JOHNSON
LOUIS RIEG PHIL STRAND
JOHN WARNER WALTER GEIST
Brad Lawson, Zoning C.E.O
Others Present: Stephanie Gibbs, Deputy Town Clerk; Dick Sena, Helen Emick
Mr. Rice opened the meeting at 7:00 PM.
Mr. Lawson, Zoning C.E.O. gave report.
Mr. Sena, Town Board Councilmen gave Town report.
- Mr. Sena said there was a lot of talk about the lake and the herbicide treatment.
- Mr. Sena said if anyone wants anything in the town newsletter it is due April 1st.
- Mr. Sena said the town is going forward with the drawings for the new town building and will be putting it out for bid at the end of the month.
3 SEAS RECREATION
- Mr. Lawson said that 3 Seas Recreation is hoping to open the new building located off the Panama exit by the end of this month.
- There was further discussion on the signage and the driveway and parking for the new building.
HELICOPTOR LANDING ISSUE
- Mr. Lawson said the Trial for the Helicopter landing in the RI district will be March 26th at the North Harmony Court at 10:00AM.
- Mr. Lawson said we might need to put something in our ordinance about noise or not being able to land within 500 feet of a house.
ATV AND SNOWMOBILES
- Mr. Lawson said he doesn’t know what needs to be done about atv’s and snowmobiles in the R1 district.
- Mr. Sena said having a curfew might help.
RENTALS ON THE LAKE
- Mr. Lawson said he doesn’t want to get rid of lake rentals he just thinks that we need to make it legal with some rules.
- Mr. Lawson said he can talk to Becca from Ellery to see if they have some rules in place and see if we can get them.
- Mr. Emick said we can require bed tax. She said bed tax is 5%.
- There was a suggestion by the board that they can come up with rules and regulations that need to be followed and they can be given out to the renters. If the rules are not followed, their license to rent can be revoked.
- Mr. Lawson said there can be a noise ordinance or a curfew and that would take care of the issue with snowmobiles and atv’s late at night.
Next regular meeting scheduled for April 9, 2019 at 7:00 P.M.
Walter Geist motioned to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Louis Reig
Meeting adjourned at 8:15PM
Deputy Town Clerk