Town of North Harmony
Tuesday, 2/12/2019, 7:00 PM
Members Present: PAT RICE DICK JOHNSON
LOUIS RIEG PHIL STRAND
Brad Lawson, Zoning C.E.O
Others Present: Stephanie Gibbs, Deputy Town Clerk; Dick Sena
Mr. Rice opened the meeting at 7:00 PM.
Mr. Lawson, Zoning C.E.O. gave report.
Mr. Sena, Town Board Councilmen gave Town report.
- Sena said they are projected to start March 2020 and projected to be complete by March 2022.
- Sena said they could hook up to any line within 100 feet.
HELICOPTOR LANDING ISSUE
- Lawson said they have suspended the court hearing to the end of this month.
- Lawson would like to ponder an idea for noise control with ATV’s, snowmobiles, golf carts, helicopters ect. In the zoning ordinance.
- Lawson said they have contacted him several different times and wanted to know about subdividing. He said he has looked at several different plans and their last plan was three parcels and our subdivision law states two to four parcels you don’t have to do anything. There are no new roads just driveways.
RENTALS ON THE LAKE
- Lawson said our zoning does not allow for transient rentals.
- Lawson said there has been complaints of people renting out to different people all the time.
- Warner said if you look online you can fine hundreds of places you can rent.
- Lawson said he would like to make it legal with some rules.
- Rice said he thinks it’s a topic to bring it up with Don and see if there are any neighboring towns dealing with the same situation.
PLANNING BOARD OPENING POSITION
- Sena said that there was an opening on the Planning Board.
- Sena said that Mr. Winger took a position out of town that would be for a term of about six months. He said Mr. Winger resigned from the board because of the length of time he would not be present.
- Sena said that Mr. Winger would be interested in being on the board again if there is the opportunity in the future.
- There was further discussion on the Planning Board position and the board agreed that Mr. Winger was a good asset to the board, and they would like to hold off on filling the position at this time.
- Lawson said that he had talked to the owner of the Lakeview Grocery and they are going to stay in the location they are currently at.
- Lawson said he was going to have them remove the sign that is on the corner because it is not on their property and he feels people know where he is located now.
Next regular meeting scheduled for March 12, 2019 at 7:00 P.M.
Louis Rieg motioned to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Dick Johnson.
Meeting adjourned at 8:15PM
Deputy Town Clerk